September 18, 2016

Jealousy!!

Today at church for, some reason, I was listening to one of the speakers and I was feeling jealous. That isn't exactly what you go to church for.
I was sitting there and I was thinking, wow she's amazing, she's such a great speaker and then I started thinking, I could totally do that... why the heck I was feeling like that.
You know, I used to think that jealousy or envy were such horrible feelings and anytime I would feel them, guit would come right along with them. The last year as I've been trying to really dig deep into better understand myself and my purpose, I have found that if, instead of feeling guilty, I take these feelings and use them to help point me in the direction that I want to go then they can be very beneficial.
Take those feelings of jealousy figure out exactly WHAT it is that you are jealous about. Use what you find to better yourself to become more of what those feelings are telling you you want to be.
If you're jealous of somebody speaking ability, practice on how you speak.
If you're jealous of somebody's optimism, work on being optimistic.
If you're jealous of somebody's ability to make friends easily learn how to make friends.
Don't use those feelings to hold you back or make you feel bad about yourself every little thing in your life can be used to propel you forward or hold you back don't let them hold you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment