November 19, 2016

Core De Force Meal Plan Week 3

I used to be so good(like seriously, so freaking good) at meal planning. I had calendar hanging up in my pantry, I would pull it out once a week and plan all our family meals.  If someone made a request during te week, I would just add it on the next available day. I would go grocery shopping from that meal plan on Saturdays....I had everything set! 

Then I had my second son and things just went to poo.

It has been a real struggle for me to get back on the meal planning bandwagon. I've tried so many different things so many different ways to get myself back
up and into meal planning because I know when I'm meal planning
#1 I eat way better 
#2 I save more money because I know what I'm shopping for 
#3 I save myself so much time and stress because I don't have to think last minute about what I have to make for dinner I have a plan it makes things so much easier.

For the last 3 weeks I have been doing this workout program called Core DE Force which is an MMA style workout. If you've been following me for a while you know that I started my entire fitness journey by taking a Taekwondo / self-defense class and so this totally brings me back and gives me all the feels.  I really been enjoying the workout but, before starting I being dedicated to the meal plan has been something that I was really nervous about.  I joined an exclusive test group where I had to sign a contract and everything(let the nail biting ensue). 





I've just been having a hard time with just figuring out another meal planning strategy that actually works for me.  I've tried my old calendar way, white board, excel, pen and paper meal planning apps(which I am still trying to incorporate) and even sticky notes.
I have been using this specific meal planning strategy for the last 3 weeks and it has been working out great so far.  I have this form on Google docs that I just go in and I have each meal planned out according to time and the actual portions for that meal.  You'll notice in the meal plan that nearly every single breakfast has the same portions of carbs, fruit and protien, every lunch has the same portions and so on.  That just makes it so much easier for me to meal plan not only my family's dinner but each of my own meals and snacks that I have and that totally keeps me on track and not reaching for the cookie dough in the back of my fridge. The colors corespond to the food group(red-protein, grees-veggies, yellow-carb etc).  I'm making a few adjustments to Thursday since it's Thanksgiving but mainly sticking with the meal plan, and I guarantee I will not feel deprived!!  You see the pies are listed on there right??!


You'll have to stay tuned to see my final results over the next few weeks

I hope that this helps you guys in planning your own meals especially for Core DE Force and I would love to help you out with any questions that you have, so comment below or you can message me directly here.


If you want to join me in working on building up your own strengths and weaknesses, I have an online support group starting on November 28th. This is a great time to get a jump start on your New Years goals and feel great about yourself through Christmas, while still eating foods you enjoy!
Fill out the application below and I will contact you to see if this is something that would be a good fit in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment