November 8, 2016

Fight For It!!!

Often times I feel like I am broken, not like other people.  I know all my faults and get into the comparison game, not with others but with what I feel like I should be.  I know my potential, I know what I am capable of, and although I try, I don't always fulfill what I know I could have.

Last night I had the opportunity to attend a training meeting "Learning to Teach in the Saviors Way".  It was more geared toward formal teaching in a church setting, but I think and felt as I sat there listening, that if I apply the principles taught to all areas of my life, I can only improve.

ONE huge, thing that hit me right in the heart and has not left my mind, was...when you feel under qualified, overwhelmed and not right for the job, remember that YOU were called.  YOU, for your specific experiences in that specific area, need to be utilized.  

I have been, one feeling a little overwhelmed by the calling of Primary President, but as I heard those words, I was comforted in knowing that I am enough.  I am in there for a reason, and my imperfect self has much service and love to give those little kids.  

This morning I was reading the Beatitudes over again and YE are the light of the world kept jumping out at me.  I know that I have the light of  Christ within me, we all do, but as I think about being that light for others I have been again reminded that one cannot give what you do not have.  If I am going to try to help these little children(including my own) gain strong testimonies, know the Savior and have unwavering faith, I need to seek after and find that in my own life.

As a teacher in the gospel and as a parent, you cannot just prepare a lesson the night before, you must study and know and live the gospel everyday.  You must be prepared to teach by and through the holy ghost...who can bring things to your remembrance, but will not and cannot give your lessons life if you don't do your part in studying and learning for yourself.

My bottom line takeaway for today...You can't just set out to be a teacher, you must be a student first, and in so doing, as you learn and grow and understand, then you will be able to turn around and teach.  Be that light, but first kindle that fire within yourself.

Sometimes that comes easily, but oftentimes. ...you have to fight for the light! 

I'm weak. I'm not good enough. I can't. I'm not like other people. I'm never going to be able to... 

These are all lies that I have found myself speaking in my mind. I physically have to stop myself in my tracks by saying NO out loud and then repeating positive, uplifting words. 

I am capable of doing exactly what I want. I am strong physically, mentally and spiritually. I have Limitless potential within me and I will take steps toward becoming my best self every day!!

Even if you feel like you have a good thing going, there is always room for improvement. Don't get set in your ways, don't get complacent, don't get stuck thinking that you are good enough where you are. 

You can be better, you can do better, you can be more than you even think is possible. You just need to fight for it!!


THIS is the very first day of Core De Force and I'm ready to fight to take back my self control.  I'm ready to fight for my husbands health and wellbeing.  I'm ready to fight for our kids health and having great examples to look up to for finding harmony in life.

Here are my before photos, I have been super lax in my eating and need to step up my game because I am feeling the consequences catching up to me.

Heres my stats 11/7/16:
weight 132.8
chest 36 ( with bra)
arms
r 11.5
l 11.5
waist 29
hips 37
thighs
r 22
l 22

No comments:

Post a Comment