February 28, 2017

How to Create Sustainable Energy

January Recap-
For the month of January I decided to focus all my attention on creating more energy in my life physically, mentally and spiritually. I wanted to feel like I could keep up with everything going on around me. Little did I know that during the month of January I would be tried the most with energy zapping experiences. I began watching my niece and nephew during the week which meant that I had to be awake at 5 a.m. to let them in the door. It also meant that I had to run them back and forth to school and and everything else that has to do with caring for an 8 and 11 year old.


January is also the wonderful month where my one-year-old decided to sprout his first four molars(all at once). Read on to see my top 5 tips that actually did help me build more energy into my life amid the craziness that ensued.

1. Sleep more--  I know what you mothers are thinking...sleep more??!! I wish I could. Well with kids sleep is all too often sacrificed, but I am here to tell you if that you can get more sleep if you are dead set on it. I made the goal to sleep 7-8 a night. I know we hear this all the time you need more sleep and it's one of those things that you don't think is really affecting you because you can't see the effect. I heard a study recently where there was a brain scan of sleep-deprived to women done and they equated the brain damage that was created by lack of sleep to that of frequent prolonged drug use. I don't know about you that could explain why there's that thing called Mom brain, lol!

2. Workout-- Cut the excuses off at the knees and just do it!  30-45 minutes a day is all you need, no gym, minimal equipment and NO it does not have to be crazy lifting or cardio to get you in good shape!  There are tons of AMAZING at home programs I have completed over the last year and a half, ask me and I can point you in the right direction!

3. FOOD!!
Eat green foods-- You know you tell your kids to, so take your own advice
eat healthy fats-- But not too much!  An avocado binge isn't healthy for you either!
Take vitamins-- Most people are nutrient deficient, yes it's ideal to get those nutrients from our food we shew, but most of the time(even if you're eating perfect) that doesn't happen.  Shakeology is a great plant-based way to get your body all of the right nutrients so it can fight off disease naturally and help you feel more energized!
Refuel after workouts-- Do NOT, I repeat...do NOT think that you are doing yourself a favor by starving while you are working out(but cutting calories) or eating junk because you work out(like I used to say).  If you are truly concerned about your energy levels, not just the level of your boobs and butt compared to Miss Squats-Alot, you need to eat food!!  Personally I don't like eating before a workout, but I ALWAYS eat a healthy meal afterwards.  You can't run on empty, so don't even try it!

4. Get ready for the day--Makeup, hair, lips, real clothes(not those yoga pants you live in).  Whatever routine most makes you feel like a person rather than a zombie...do it!  Take 5-10 minutes preferably in the morning, and get ready for the day.  I don't care of you are just staying home cleaning toilets and doing laundry, when you walk past a mirror and see yourself you will get a little confidence boost instead of thinking that you look like you got ran over by a monster truck.  If you need a really fast makeup routine check out my 5 minute tutorial...seriously it's my almost everyday go-to!

5. Act how you want to feel--Easier said than done, but we do have control over basically ONE thing in this life and it is ourselves.  We CAN control how we act, and if you want to FEEL a certain way, then let your actions show it.  Tonight I was putting my kids to bed and I had an attitude, I was snippy with them and I caught myself saying I don't want to be like this, so I stopped, took a breath and decided to be nicer and more loving.  It takes practice to recognize and then follow through, but if I can do it, you can do it!!


I would love to hear how you put each of these to play in your own life, comment below or message me!!  You can check out my video below for these tips straight from the source!!



No comments:

Post a Comment