September 8, 2015

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Bake

I'm one of those people that doesn't follow recipes... I read a recipe once through and then I just go by what I remember reading. So I'm sorry this isn't a recipe its a jumble of my mind, welcome!



So the other night I made this for dinner it's a spaghetti squash lasagna bake. Tasted amazing and it's healthy!


Pretty much you cook spaghetti squash I always cook mine in the microwave I cut it in half scrape out the seeds. Pierce the outside with a fork a few times and then place it face down in a baking dish and then pour in a couple of cups of water in and microwave for about 13 - 14 minutes. While that is cooking, get about a half a pound of ground beef and brown it. Chop up zucchini half an onion and throw them in with the ground beef, saute them until they are tender. Make sure you salt and pepper to taste. When the spaghetti squash is done take it out and let it sit for a minute so you don't burn yourself. Scrape the inside of the squash with a fork and it will come out kind of like spaghetti noodles. (I ended up using only have the spaghetti squash for this recipe. I just cook the rest of it up the same way and stuck it in the fridge for later.)
Get a different baking dish eight by eight or, I used a pie dish. Put half of the spaghetti squash in the bottom. Layer half the ground beef mixture on top of the spaghetti squash then scoop out spoonfuls of ricotta cheese and dollop on top of the ground beef mixture. Pour spaghetti sauce over the top then repeat with a spaghetti squash ground beef and spaghetti sauce again.  Then top with shredded cheese and bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 350.

If you want to see more healthy recipes that I throw together, learn about living a healthy lifestyle or to learn more about what I do as a Beachbody coach, you can find me on Facebook, or email me!




*If this is your recipe shoot me a comment and I will completely give you credit for the awesomeness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment