October 1, 2015

meal planning

I used to have it so easy, just me and my husband to cook for, and even then he was gone most of the time.  I didn't have to think about what to cook for dinner, like 95% of the time.  I lived on brown rice and veggies for dinner, because it was EASY!!
In comes my first born, still not much change, babies don't eat!  He gets a little older and starts eating real people food and so I just give him a tiny bit of my food.  
Well fast forward, he is three, my husband is home a little more frequently for dinner, and I have a baby so I have to make dinner, or else we would really just eat what is easy, and what I consider easy now is...PIZZA.  I have nothing against pizza, I love it, but we can't have that every night!!  SO I started meal planning, I don't stick to the meal plan all the time.  It is not concrete!! It is just a good base for me to gauge what I need to buy at the store for us to eat some time during the week.  Most of the time I will switch days around, or throw out a planned dinner and move it to the next week, it just depends on what is going on.  

The best thing I have found that actually works for me is this little locker calendar I bought from Target, I think.  I write out two weeks of meals(because my husband get paid every two weeks).  After the meals are written out I make a list and go shopping, so I have all the necessary ingredients.  


No comments:

Post a Comment