May 13, 2016

Honey Balsamic Chicken

I made this dinner last night on a whim, had an idea of what I wanted to make in mind, but no recipes...with my in laws moving they no longer have a fridge and left me with a bunch of chicken, soooooo....her ya go!!

For the chicken:
Marinate for at least 2 hours in a mixture of
1 pound of chicken thighs
1/4c balsamic vinegar
4 Tbs honey
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pink salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Grill on barbecue until cooked through.
I don't know what it is about the barbecue that makes everything taste so good, but it is wonderful!!

For the salad:
1 1/2 cups cut and washed romaine
4 grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 pear, sliced
1 Tbs feta cheese
1 Tbs dried cranberries

Vinagrette:
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4c EVOO

Mix all ingredients, except EVOO. Slowly pour the EVOO into the balsamic mixture while whisking continually. I know it's supposed to create and emulsion, but just do the best you can, it will taste the same either way, haha!
 — with Rebecca Hendrix.

No comments:

Post a Comment