July 6, 2016

Chocolate Frosting!!

When your an emotional eater Chocolate can be your BFF.
(Sometimes that aint the best thing...because it's usually followed by a wave of guilt)


Hubby's schedule had him away today and I NEEDED some of the good stuff when we got home. I had NONE!! I resisted the candy bar stand at the check out today and when I got home I was really wishing I just gave in like that girl in front of me.
Instead of stuffing my face with a bunch of stuff that would not satisfy that craving, WE MADE CHOCOLATE!!
It is a super simple (healthier) chocolate frosting recipe and it was exactly what we all needed to chillax tonight! We had fun making it, got messy eating it and even though clean up is always a little nuts, it was totally worth it!
Frosting:
1/4 c butter
3 Tbs unsweetened almond milk
2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 c pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
Whip butter in bowl until creamy. Add milk, blend. Add cocoa powder; beat until well blended. Add honey (or syrup) and blend well.

No comments:

Post a Comment