September 9, 2016

The Parabel of the Pear Tree

For 29 years of my life I kind of just let life happen to me.   Can you relate? Since I have a pretty go with the flow attitude it made life easier to just have faith and go where life would lead me, but over the last year I have learned to be more intentional with my actions.

I've been learning to be intentional and making my actions align with what I truly want out of life and you would think that something that would become kind of natural, but for me it's been hard. I have to actually think about where I want to go and what I want to do and what I want to be able to accomplish and that pushes me outside of that safe, fluffy comfort zone that I have surrounded myself with.

Here's a link to the original Talk by President Thomas S Monson where I was inspired by this.   But basically after I walked in a little late, we talked about what brings us joy in this life, what we are learning in this season of our life, and what we can do to continue to learn and grow and improve no matter what season of life we are in.

We watch this beautiful video below and discussed the importance of being OK with the seasons that you are in and the changes that need to happen there. For myself, I know when I'm in a rut I and need to seek out change and growth but that doesn't always mean because I have identified that, it comes easy or that I can actually stick with it.

I recently heard a liittle saying about making decisions. --------

There are 4 frogs sitting on a log, three of them decided to jump off how many are left?

Now you may be thinking to yourself any person who can do simple math could tell you there's only ! left but you would be wrong!! There are still four frogs left sitting on the log.

Just because you have decided to do something doesn't mean you’re going to act on it.  

You need to find another job.
You need to lose 10 lbs
You need to pay off your credit card
You need to start reading your scriptures more often
You need to go back to school
You need to fold the laundry
You need to be a better mom

Those are all things I have decided to do and yet, have taken my precious time actually moving towards them.  So, I want to encourage you to move forward, look at your life, and figure out what kind of season you are in so that you can take the necessary steps, not just get you through, but to help you blossom!!

Are you in a season of growth and you are flourishing in your own life and able to make things happen and help other people?

Or are you in a season of new life where you are adjusting to growth, learning new things and expanding on your circle of influence?

Or are you in a season of dormancy where you just need to cut all of the extra fluff and focus on survival?  

Or are you in a season of change where you have opportunities to let go of the old that might be weighing you down?
Whatever season you might be in, know that you are in control and that you don't have to let life circumstances dictate what you are going to learn from them. Go out seek learning, seek knowledge, and seek growth in each and every stage of your journey before you're forced to grow and learn in ways that you will probably find so much more uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment