February 8, 2017

January intro


January is always a fun but overwhelming time for me.  Since I love settin goals, I tend to go overboard.   I used to make long lists of everything I wanted to accomplish during the year, and even pushed my family to set goals when they really didn't want to.  This year I decided to do things a little bit differently and instead of focusing on ALL the things I want to do during the year, I am focusing on one month at a time.  I have been caring for my niece and nephew during the week, I have a big responsibility at church and I also work for my dad a few days during the week.  I can easily let myself get rundown.  I could stay up all night working on something and still have a list a mile long in the morning.

In January I decided to focus my time on building up my strength and energy so I wouldn't get burned out during the year.  I created a resolution chart laying out everything I was going to do.  You can find a copy here.

I wanted, not only to renew my mental energies, but my physical strength and the spiritual power I recieve as well.  I always say that you can't pour from an empty cup, you can't jump start another car if your battery is dead etc.  The bottom line, I HAD to focus on inner strength before I started reaching outside myself, to my business, relationships and church calling.  

I decided to focus on:

1. My sleeping habits.
2. My food intake
3. Mindfulness during exercise
4. Keeping better track of my to-do list
5. Decluttering my house

Each of these thing needed improvement so that I could reach the energy and strength potential that I was trying to tap into.  During the next few weeks I will go over how I focused on each of these, my successes, failures and some tips I came up with along the way.


Organize yourselves, prepare every needful thing, and establish a house...of order, a house of God.
-D&C 109:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment