February 6, 2017

Pregnancy Epiphany

I remember sitting in my OBGYNs office when I was pregnant with Walker and they had me meet with a nutritionist because I was borderline hypoglycemic.
.
It was at this point in my life where I was eating probably the worst I have ever eaten. I was binge eating everything I could find because I was hungry ALL the time. I didn't even give much thought to what I was eating as long as it would satisfy me for a minute.
.
I had a three year old, about to have a baby I had zero energy and my attitude was in the toilet.
.
It was then that the nutritionist started telling me how many portions of vegetables and proteins and fruits and carbs and dairy and all these things I should be eating that I was kind of overwhelmed with where to begin. So naturally I did nothing. I froze. I put it in the back of my mind and told myself that I would figure it out later.
.
I'm so grateful that just a few months later I was able to have a simple answer drop into my lap. 
.
This answer came in the form of portion control containers that actually showed me how much I should be eating of each category of food. Being a visual person it blew my mind how backwards I had been eating...no wonder I was hungry all the time!
.
I knew I should be eating more vegetables, I knew I should be eating fruits, I knew I should be eating less carbs, I knew I should be eating more protein, and yet it wasn't until I had everything simplified and laid out in front of me that I actually started doing it!
.
Once I started to live a TRULY healthy life, I realized I needed to help others just like me! If I can do it, anyone can! Promise! :)
As a way to pay it forward, I do free groups each month to help others learn to live healthy! The only thing I ask, is if you could, stop by my "like" page and "like" it while there, it would mean the world to me!
I post daily fitness tips, motivation, recipes, etc! Feel free to share my page with your friends too! Thanks!

Join my latest group by clicking here: tinyurl.com/easymealprep

No comments:

Post a Comment