October 15, 2015

Home made hummus

Do you ever just have something that you crave, and then when you go to the store to buy it, you change your mind because it is too expensive? Yeah, I did that a few weeks ago. I was REALLY wanting hummus and so I chose to go the cheaper route and make it.
Cilantro and Garlic flavored Hummus:
Bag of dried chickpeas
1 bunch of cilantro
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
Rinse and soak a bag of dried chickpeas overnight
drain and rinse chickpeas in the morning and place in pot. Cover with water and boil for 30 minutes.
Drain water and let cool for a few minutes.
Place 3 cups of chickpeas into food processor, along with the rest of the ingredients. Add in more water or olive oil to create the consistency you like.
I thought it was amazing warm, but you need to store in your fridge.
Enjoy with veggies, spread on a tortilla, or just by the spoonful like me!!
**store remaining cooked chickpeas in the freezer for later use.
***I decided to omit the tahini, but you can add it if you want. You could also use canned garbanzo beans(chickpeas). I think it wasted perfect without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment