March 3, 2016

Sweet potato and egg skillet

my chickens have finally been laying regularly so my go to for breakfast has been none other than EGGS!! 

They are healthy, tasty and FREE!! It's a no-brainer!

Sweet potatoes, spinach, avocado, and zucchini with eggs for breakfast! 

For me, eating a big healthy breakfast after I workout is key to starting the day right. I just feel so much better when I fuel up in the mornings. I used to be stuck on cold cereal, and even though I enjoy the rare bowl, it's not like I need a bunch of sugar to get going in the morning anymore.  I try to start with at least one serving of veggies, one serving of protein and usually one serving of healthy carbs.  This breakfast is the perfect way to use up leftovers, get our veggies in and fill up!

Plus... Sweet potatoes for breakfast? Duh!

!/2 c sweet potato cubed-skin on(i use leftover baked sweet potato)
1/2 zucchini sliced and halved
1 handful of baby spinach

Cook the above ingredients in a 12 inch skillet, with coconut oil, until heated through and the spinach is wilted.  Add in pink salt and pepper to taste.  Remove to plate.

In the same pan crack and cook two eggs, salt and pepper to taste.  Flip when the bottom is white, and cook to desired doneness.  I always like my yolks a little runny.  Plate the eggs next to veggies.

Halve and avocado and slice into cubes(in the skin), scoop out and now you can chow down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment